Thread: Dumbing it down
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 07:18 PM   #194
Neithan
Wight

Neithan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I have to disagree! I don't think it follows the book any more closely than the LotR films follow the books.
Yes, I was beginning to think I was losing my mind given some of the comments about this movie. Glad to see someone agrees with me on that issue. However, I thought these movies were some of the worst I have ever seen! The acting was awful (meaning the younger actors for the most part). I like the HP books but I was so disgusted with the second movie that I stopped watching them and will not watch any of the others.

As far as the popularity of the LotR movies goes I don't think that it makes any difference to the argument at hand. The successfulness of a movie does not always reflect on its quality.
I know I have said in the past that I love the movies but when I was watching RotK recently I noticed something. The reason I like the movies is not because of any merit of their own but because of the books. I usually just skip to those scenes that stick closest to the books now and don't bother with the rest.
Quote:
By logical and intelligent standards
Yes, very good! The quality of the films is not a completely subjective thing. They could have been objectively better than they were.