View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #532
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
White Tree "The White (Ficus) Tree Of Gondor"

The interior remodeling is mostly done: Woodland colors (a little too much tan and not enough green, but I'll work on that.) Wooden six-panel doors. The new kitchen floor has a fallen-leaf pattern. I like it. And I moved a ficus into the living room, and trained the branches to fan out in a semicircle so that it looks like a "White Tree of Gondor". THe bathroom is done in greys and blues. Now to add a mossy fountain...

We even have a back deck, thanks to Strider and his dad working on it all last week. ( Why is it that men-folk build flets four feet off of the ground, surrounded by a railing, and unattatched to any trees? And then they put "deck chairs" on it, and place the large gas grill so that it blocks the garden view? At least, it did; it's been moved.)

Strider says: "You have your flet now. Are you happy?" Of course I am! I even have two snowhobbits and a ranger to share my new flet with. I am a lucky lass. It's close to the beech trees, and the oak woods, and the rest of the garden.