View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #47
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots Post match Saucepanalysis

Interesting that the commentator picked up on Moria's lack of teamwork. This will be a problem throughout the tournament, I suspect. Still, Valinor are a good team with a strong defence, so it was a difficult game for Moria. They did well to keep Valinor from scoring, and they appear to have an exceptional goalkeeper in the Watcher. Not a great result for Valinor, though, as they will be hard pressed now to beat Angband to top spot in the Group.

The Tuna v Brethil result is no surprise. As I expected, Turambar looks good up front for Brethil, but he cannot carry the team on his own. Tuna are living up to expectation, and could well go far in this competition. It was, however, rather disapoointing that they did not press ahead and try to score more. For all they know, goal difference may become an issue. Typical Noldorin arrogance and complacency, in my view.

Frodo looks a good prospect up front for Tol Eressea, and they appear to have a reasonable defence. They disappointed in this game, as Dor Lomin are a fairly weak team in my view, but I think that there is more to Tol Eressea than we have seen thus far.

Finally, a good win for the Barrow-Downs, since Gondor are no slouches. Not quite the team that they were last year, perhaps, without Aragorn, but the Downs nevertheless did well to achieve the 2 goal win. Muchy credit, of course, must go to the Barrow-Wight, who looked to have as many arms as the Watcher in the Water at times. Credit too to the phantom, Rune and Sleepy although I was rather disappointed with the Saucepan Man's performace. I hope to see more of him in future matches.

Update on the Yellow Boot Trophy competition:

JRR Tolkien and Farmer Giles of Ham are the class of the field so far:

JRR Tolkien (Inklings) – 2
Farmer Giles (Ham) – 2
Thuringwethil (Angband) – 1
Roverandum (Roverandum) – 1
Tar-Ancalime (Numenore) – 1
Stone Giant (Misty Mountains) – 1
Dwalin (Misty Mountains) – 1
Tom Bombadil (Bree) – 1
William (Rivendell) – 1
Gilraen (Rivendell) – 1