View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #220
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Morien smiled at the lad's eagerness. "Elessar is our King. The King of Gondor," the Innkeeper answered. "As for his tale, well, that'd take some telling and I can't say as I know all of it. You'll hear it in bits and pieces, or maybe even all at once if you stay around here long enough."

Then the Innkeeper looked at the boy with some concern. "You don't know who you are or where you're from," he muttered. "Very well. Then Red it is. Lad, you'd best stay here for a time until you recover your wits. There's a loft in the stable, where you can sleep for free. That'll save you some coin and if you want to earn more, I guess I can find something for you to do. And take care, mind you! Minas Anor's a safe enough place, but just as anywhere there's some bad eggs who wouldn't mind parting you from your money." The lad nodded appreciatively and thanked the Innkeeper, who waved off the boy's gratitude and turned away.

He ambled across the room to the wagoneer's table, where the odd company had been joined by a fair lady and three children. "Did someone call for Master Rimbaud?" he asked. "He's not about, nor is he likely to be for some time. May I be of service?"