View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 10:24 PM   #136
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bethberry and Varda:

Many thanks for rearranging and rewriting your posts, respectively. * bows * I continue to be impressed by your contributions, as well as everyone else's, to this story-adventure.

All:

While I'd originally planned to fast-forward the company to the Castle for the sake of allowing the ghost characters portrayed by Belin, Birdland, Susan Delgado, and The Fifth to get in on some action, I now am receiving indications from Belin, Birdland, and Susan Delgado that they would like to start some ghostly activity of their own before the arrival of the company.

I'm referring in particular to the singing contest between Anna and Celumëomaryu, and now to the meeting between The Butler and his cronies. (Birdland wants me to write the actual scene with The Butler.) Both of these subplots should get started within the next day or two, to the best of my knowledge.

I hope it's okay with everyone that since the castle ghosts have spent so much time patiently watching and waiting in the background for the rest of us, that those of us in the living company travelling to meet them will now return the same courtesy, and allow the ghosts to introduce a story subplot or two of their own, while we wait a little bit for them to creatively do their own thing the way we have.

NOTE: When I say, "wait" ... what I mean is, living characters are still most welcome to post, it's just that we'll likely want to hold off our arrival at the Castle for just a little bit.

Our patience in this matter will surely be rewarded by an overall plot which is richer and deeper, and that should allow for more meaningful interaction between living and ghostly characters when the two groups come face to face.

All of what I've written above is based on my perception of what the majority of castle ghosts would like to happen. If any of these castle ghosts has an alternative viewpoint or suggestion, please feel welcome to post it or send a PM. I'm quite open to being flexible when it comes to how speedily we reach Castle Maladil, and believe I should give your ghostly opinions more "weight" at this time based on your long "wait". [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Again, living characters are still quite welcome to post, meanwhile. And also, please feel welcome to post in the Discussion thread or send me PMs about any plot suggestions you may have.

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]