View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #90
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
gist of things question

Now that my bio and first post are up, I have a question. Allow me to frame it first.

For the first segment of this rp, Abarpa (for short) is going to be separated from the rest of the group. In the remainder (assuming his rescue), he will be able to interact with the others in the group.

Question: what kinds of things do you envision Abarpa experiencing (me posting about) during the first segment? Imprisonment jumps readily to mind, as well as a kangaroo court (though I doubt there are any such marsupials in Númenor!), and interrogations, as well as Abarpa demanding to know the condition and whereabouts of Lômi. What else? Torture? If so, what kind? Preparation for sacrifice in Sauron's temple? I had assumed this rp might lead there; if so, how close to the knife's edge and burning faggots shall we go?

One more thing. I envision Abarpa, being brought to the edge of what he will/can endure at the hands of the King's Men, will renounce Adúnaic as cursed of the Valar, and will rename himself and his Kariborim in Sindarin, and will be determined that his daughter and all those who associate with her and himself, be named accordingly. He will be quite intractable about this. Could lead to some fun conflict with certain of the other rp-ers, eh?