View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #118
TomBrady12
Haunting Spirit

TomBrady12 has just left Hobbiton.
I really find it difficult to imagine a pseudo rebellious group such as the faithful living in somewhat normal conditions for any sustained amount of time if they were openly hostile and or killing/murdering/shooting at high profile members of the Kings regime. Numenor, not being particularly large in terms of area, would have been quite a difficult place to hideout I would imagine.

"To conquer new realms for our race, and ease the pressure of this peopled island, where every road is trodden hard, and every tree and grass-blade counted." -The Lost Road, Herendil speaking of Numenor

The members of the faithful are elite, and high class. They live in mansions and do not hide out in caves from all I can gather (correct me if i am wrong please). I really think it is unlikely that they would act so violently outright, and if they did, I think they would certainly be persecuted harshly or possibly exterminated. Remember, the faithful were grouped in Rommena so they could be watched. The King knows, I would imagine, who most of them are, and has a very sharp eye on them. If they didnt't walk a narrow line they would have been wiped out!

This is just what i am thinking, I'm not trying to step on anyones toes, I just want to have a credible story.

TB12: Dynasty