View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #736
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Silmaril Bostonmoot 2009/10

Okay, so I've had a little more time then I thought to put this together (seeing as I decided for the benefit of not only myself, but those around me that school would be a bad idea as I'm sick with a cold that seems to have been brought upon by Sauron himself). So, I will try my best to remember everything....

As Wilwa has already recounted, we traveled together on a bus from way up North in Canada....well, not WAAAAAAY up North, but North in our province (which is rather cold I might add)....for about nineteen and a half hours. Now I bet most of you would think that this is an incredibly long, and arduous amount of time to be spending with one person on a bus...And usually I would agree. Yet, as most of you know by now, Wilwa and I are actually best friends in reality, yet we hardly get to spend time with each other as our schedule's often conflict. So really, this long bus ride ended up being a wonderful time for us to sit around, chat, catch up, and most of all....SLEEP!! Yet, had my traveling partner been someone else, I don't think I would have had nearly as much fun nor gotten as much sleep as I did. There is a reason why Wilwa and I are best friends: she is a wonderfully awesome, caring, intelligent, and perfectly fun person to be around, as the others have already recounted. She is, in fact, the reason I originally joined the Downs and is also the reason I went to Boston and thus in turn responsible for my return here!! I love her like she is my sister (and if you ask her family, we pretty much are!!) and spent the entire bus ride there with her chatting amiably about things that were going to happen when we got to Boston, and who was going to be meeting us at South Station when we got to Boston, and how we could still not believe we were going to Boston. That was a big one that never really quite sunk in for either of us I believe....

Yet I digress. When we arrived at South Station, about an hour later then expected, we were greeted by the sign --Devin, ++Vanessa (that's right, I live to see another day people!) and the four smiling faces of Boro, Formy, Nienna and Mira, along with a rather...extravagant story told by Mira, one which I will not tell here.

I would go into the story of what I had done once we got back to the apartment, but Wilwa covered that already. And if you also noticed, her and I were not together very much, for as Form has already mentioned, I was part of the cleaning and cooking crew...Which meant I did a lot of grocery shopping and spent a lot of time at the apartment. However, on the few excursions I did manage to go on, there were wonderful stories and with amazing people and amazing memories in each, and I captivated most of them with my camera. If you want to see them, check out the Bostomoot page that's up on Facebook, for I would much rather tell of the amazing people.

Now the best place to start would be the beginning, and that would be Nienna in this case - one of our two lovely hostesses and one of the four amazing people the picked Wilwa and I up at South Station. Ni has got to be one of the sweetest, most caring people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. When I found out that her, Form, Boro and Mira were going to be waking up early to go to the airport to meet some other Downer's that were flying in, I volunteered to go. Yet she had said no. "You're one of the new arrivals, you're not expected to do anything." were her words as I recall. Yet, because of certain early riser *coughFORMcough* , I was up early anyway and accompanied them. Yet I digress....again....After countless WW games together and her yelling at me on Facebook to get my passport, it was amazing to have finally met this incredibly amazing Downer.

Formy was another of the four Downer's that greeted us at the station and was, to be completely honest, nothing of the sort that I had originally imagined him to be. He was better! Smart, witty, funny, and a great personality. Yes, all of this is definitely seen here on the Down's. But in person, it's so much more.....je ne sais quoi for all you Frenchies out there! I will say, out of all the Downer's that were going, he was one of those I was most anxious to meet as for me, he always held an air of mystery whilst I was talking to him, and all I wanted was for this mystery to be solved! And if you want a good laugh, get him to talk about his version of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight!

Now on to the final two who were there to greet us. Let us start with Mira. For me, a rather recent addition to the Barrow Down's family, one that obviously came whilst I was on hiatus...ugh...I mean....on leave of absence I knew before we left that there were going to be a few members I had never heard of or talked to before, so this was a rather nerve racking experience for me and I did not quite know what to think when we disembarked and I saw a face that was unfamiliar to me. Yet those fears were quickly dispelled as Mira flew off into a rant. About what shall remain anonymous for the safety of all those there! This crazy, fun, loud, obnoxious, sometimes overbearing, caring, secretly sensitive, beautiful young woman would soon become one of the few people that I spent most of my time with. All of our sparknotes conversations, cleaning/gutting the fridge and freezer out on New Year's Day. And I can't forget the T ride back from the airport after picking up Celuien, Alona and Lari, where Mira attempted to get some well needed sleep. And her pancakes were phenomenal! She was also a part of the cleaning and cooking crew for the duration of the moot. She was also one of the five people that accompanied Wilwa and I to South Station on the Saturday to see us off, which was a rather sad adventure, when we played one last game of Werewolf before catching the bus. And the entire time, she clung to Wilwa's leg, and clung to us as we were trying to get on the bus.

The last one (and this will be the last person I schpeal about for today) that was there to greet us was also one of those five who was with Miraas Wilwa and I departed the moot. Boromir88 has been a long time friend of mine on the Downs and was one of those I was most anxious to meet in person for we co-modded a few Werewolf games in out time together and he and I became rather good friends. He was just as I had always imagined him to be: fun, funny, outgoing, witty and caring all at the same time (something most of us Downer's seem to have in common). He was another one of the few I spent most of my time with, seeing as we were the part of the cleaning and cooking crew. and most of my excursions involved him. Our first excursion to the airport on my very first morning their was one with many laughs, even though we were all ( as in Mira, Form, Ni, Boro and myself) quite exhausted. For just like Mira, Boro decided to try and take a nap on the T ride back to the apartment....And he managed to. Yet as we were passing the Panera, and we were discussing the food there, Boro wakes out of his stupor with a cry of "THEIR CHEESY BROCCOLI IS DELICIOUS!!!" Definitely a memory of epic proportions as we were all close to tears of laughter after this. There was also The Epic Adventure of Boro and Glirdan Getting Lost in Boston ( I think this should be turned into a story book!! ) with many laughs for us and laughs at us as we found our way back to the apartment. And as I mentioned earlier, he was one of those who saw Wilwa and I off. And let me tell you, this guy is a softy that made me start balling (don't worry, you're not the only one to blame here ) as we were leaving the Station.

Anyways, I think that's a long enough post for now....I'll get to some of the others sometime this weekend....I hope!!