View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #738
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Then him and I and Form decided to go on a little excursion and ended up at Barnes&Noble, which was amazing and I could have stayed there the whole week.
Wasn't the B&N there amazing?! I probably could have set up shop in one of the many stacks and been content to live there for a very long time.

Quote:
We eventually headed home because the Wereduckling was tired, but she had been marvelously well behaved, the best baby ever!
Agreed! She puts all the five-year-olds I work with to sore shame!

Quote:
Mira, Alona, Form and I took the T down to the Public Library to meet Nienna who was finishing work, and we had a nice little lunch. Then Form was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the older part of the library, because it was amazingly gorgeous and I could have stayed there all week. Then we met back up with the girls and went off to a comic book/cd/movie store and afterwards Alona and I found a little shop where we both spent alot of money and Nienna's feet got all wet and cold so we had to buy her new socks and Alona was put on Puddle Watch and then we headed home!
That store Chemistry was absolutely terrible for my bank account, but now every time I look at my new shiny wallet or the couple DVDs I bought at Newbury Comics, I smile, think of you guys and it's so worth it - though it does make me sad that there are no puddles here in Lafayette that I can spy out and warn people from stepping in.

Quote:
Then we all stayed up late once again and had a great time, and Shasta totally messed with me during a WW game and I won't ever trust him again. The next morning, bright and early, Mira, Boro, Form, Rune, Shasta and Alona all came along with Glirdan and I to the bus station to see us off. We got there quite early so we had some breakfast and then our goodbyes were heartbreaking. We couldn't stop hugging each other and didn't want to leave at all, but we were finally forced too. We of course immediately began to text each other and continued to do so randomly for the next 20 hours of our bus ride.
That was SUCH a hard goodbye. I think I deliberately made myself sleep for the next several hours after you guys left so I could avoid balling my eyes out some more.