View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 08:10 AM   #19
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When I first saw the nominations, I was a little disappointed, what with everyone talking about how Viggo should have been nominated for best supporting actor or best actor whatever. <P> So ya, it was a bit of a shock that TTT didn't get more nominations, but I guess its novelty of last year has worn off a bit. I mean, its costumes were great, but they were pretty much the same as last years anyways, and so it wouldn't really be fair to nominate it again for something it was already nominated for.<P>Plus, we should keep in mind that this is only the second time ever that a sequel has been nominated for best picture. The only other time this has happened was with The Godfather II. I doubt TTT will win best picture, but then again, I was surprised it was even nominated for best picture, so who knows what the Academy has up their sneaky sleeves?

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote