View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Mansun

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I completely agree with you on this one Folwren!! This scene in the movie was the one that made me choke up. I went to all three films with close family members and they bawled at the scene with the famous "you bow to no one" Line and of course the scene at the end when Arwen arrives. I found the meer thought of Frodo sending Sam home at that point in the story was just horrendous to imagine and having to watch it was even worse.

I agree on this too. When I was watching the commentary for this scene, with PJ & his two colleagues, I wanted to vomit. The 3 didn't have the first clue how poor this scene was, & to say that they wanted Frodo entering the tunnel alone as the main reason was pathetic. Infact, the whole tunnel scene was rubbish. If they weren't capable of filming the scene as it was in the book (which would have made a better scene by far), they should have owned up to this by accepting that in some areas they are lacking in their judgement & abilities in basic filim production. I think PJ & the other two whose name escapes me should reveal the plot & storyline of any Tolkien based film in future, or they should get lost.

Last edited by Mansun; 08-09-2006 at 09:14 PM.