View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #41
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'll have to admit, Alan Rickman as the voice of Smaug could work very nicely, but like James Earl Jones, I hear his voice in my head already for too many characters, from Severus Snape to Marvin the Paranoid Android. Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, in case you've been living in a cave for the last 30 years) is a classically-trained stage actor, and as long as he doesn't go into that "Sidious croak" I think he could pull off a similar quality of sneering disdain, as he did playing the doctor in Sleepy Hollow.

Just my two cents worth.