View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #137
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Zohariel," said Lorin matter-of-factly "You are in no condition to go running roung the woods, you need your wounds washed and bandaged, and you need some food in you!" the children were crowding around and listening intently,
"I've got some bread in my pocket, she could have that." Lorin looked at the child and smiled,
"Yes, thankyou, that would be very helpful. Do any of you know of a strem or river around here?"
"Yes, there's one just through those trees there." said a boy pointing to a large clump of bushes and brambles. Lorin went to her horse and got three bottles and gave one to each child,
"Now, would you go and collect some water for me?"
"Certainly!" said a young girl as they ran off into the wood. Lorin took the bread the child had given her and gave it to Zohariel to eat, but it proved too painful, lorin decided they would have to mush it up with some water.

Lorin walked over to Dykoria, who was sitting beside Anroth's body and sat down beside her. She looked at Anroth's peaceful face, he was almost sleeping. Lorin was reminded of her family.

Her father had been the first to look like this, she had even been told that he was sleeping as she was still young, but his skin was hard and cold to the touch, not the skin of a living man. That was her first experience of death, years had passed since, but still it stuck in her mind.

"I did all I could for him, and still it wasn't enough." said Lorin,
"No, Lorin, this was meant to happen, he died a true ranger's death."