View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #636
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Legate seems to be learning Finnish quickly.
Indeed Though I remembered what "Klonkku" is (even if I wasn't able to conclude it from the quote itself), I then tried to imagine this spoken in Gollum's voice and the intonation, based on ","s and "-"s and "?"s seemed familar to me. Then especially with the part "tämä hobitti ole kiltti, ei olleskaan kiltti" I was somewhat able to decipher what it could mean (or at least, that it is something negative pointing on the someone, resp. the concrete hobbit, while in the second part of it is emphasised in some way). And "pottuja", resp. "potut" was what made me sure. Hm, fascinating declension of nouns... What is it? Neuter? Feminine? Masculine? Or does it matter? Okay, no chat skwerls here... only when I am reading it, it looks interesting...

And btw "aarre" is a great word

Hmmm, maybe I even really could read LotR in Finnish? It really doesn't seem that hard

All right, I will post something new... I hope you don't mind Czech once more as I don't feel up to translating anything else now.

Quote:
"Řekl: 'Nazdar, Pipine! To je příjemné překvapení?' Ne, kdepak! Řekl: 'Vstávej, ty šašku Bralovská! Kde pro všechny divy v téhle spoušti je Stromovous? Potřebuji ho. Rychle!'"
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote