View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 04:43 PM   #8
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Rysha crouched in the underbrush on a hill behind where the small party of dwarves and men were gathering. Straining her ears she caught the words of one dwarf, "Finish up! We march on within the hour!"

March on? Rysha's ears perked up. She'd been scouting the area, just keeping track of everything that moved. All had been quiet, up until this point, but Dwarves and men together? Her master, Gorthroth would surely want to know about this.

Moving quietly, Rysha backed away from the party, until she was out of sight of the dwarves over the crest of the hill. Pulling her dark cloak tighter around her body she moved into the shadow of the trees and made her way quickly into the edge of the mountains, eyes narrowed.

Passing the forbidden door Rysha skirted the area where Erchaz, a large spider frequently hunted, and hurried through the nearly deserted tunnels looking for her master. A few small orcs congregating in one passage were roughly pushed aside as Rysha came into the tunnel where Gorthroth was known to haunt.

A shiver went down her spine, despite her familiarity with the wight. She inclined her head, her blunt cut hair falling forward over her face as she pushed back her hood. At one time Rysha had thought to overpower the wights, Gorthroth and Cersed, but she had since realized the power of the undead, and now she served.

She raised her head and looked up at Gorthroth. "Master, a party of dwarves and men is coming this way."

"Dwarves..." came the voice of the wight.

"From the Caves, by their accent." Rysha added. "I think they are coming here."

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]

[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!