View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #35
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Rysha picked her way through the caves carefully. There was another of those spiders back here, and she wanted to avoid it. She peered into dark corners as sh passed, knowing that it could be lurking anywhere. She neared the deepest parts of the cave, cursing under her breath. There were lesser wights back here, as well, and while Rysha knew that her status with Gorthroth and Cersed gave her some protection, she didn't want to test her strength against the undead things.

She came into a large cavern and viciously kicked a form lying on the ground. It shot up from where it was sleeping in a pile of dirty blankets. "Sikilkolindo," Rysha said, "how lovely to see you."

The man fingered the hilt of his sword. "Rysha," he returned the mock pleasantries, "what brings you down here?"

"Aaaah!" she said, her voice dripping with sugar, "You'll want to hear this, you'll like this even. It's an invitation..." Her voice snapped back to its usual tone. "The Lord Gorthroth summons you to his halls." She wanted to think the man paled at the words, but she was fairly certain it was her imagination. Sikilkolindo pondered for a minute before answering.

"I'll be there." he said gravely.

"I thought you would." she replied.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!