View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 08:09 AM   #3
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I think my favorite ones would have to be Varda and Ulmo. I loved Varda right away as soon as I started reading the Silmarillion. I love the stars in Middle Earth and I also love how the Elves respect her so much and can call on her in their time of need.

Quote:
Elbereth they name her, and they call upon her name out of the shadows of Middle-earth, and uplift it in song at the rising of the stars.
I have also always been fascinated with the ocean, thus began my love for Ulmo, lord of the waters. I think it's amazing how he can speak to those in Middle Earth by the ways of river or stream. It's also a great thing that he never abandoned the people of Middle Earth even when the Valar were against them.

Quote:
At times he will come unseen to the shores of Middle-earth, or pass far inland up firths of the sea, and there make music upon his great horns, the Ulumúri, that are wrought of white shell; and those to whom that music comes hear it ever after in their hearts, and longing for the sea never leaves them again.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote