View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #69
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I think one of my problems with that scene is that Viggo Mortensen is nothing near my idea of Aragorn. He doesn't impart sincerity with the words. Doubtless, many will disagree. No drama.
It was really funny when the Hobbits kept referring to Viggo as "Strider". All 5'10" of him. Far too cute with the Hollywood scruffly beard, and with a voice too reedy and thin. I don't think Aragorn should have had a beard, canonically speaking, and I would have preferred a casting along the lines of T.H. White's Lancelot: not at all good-looking in a conventional manner, but hard and weatherbeaten (a Ranger spends most of his time in the elements, after all, and not in a salon).

One of several miscasts, particularly Theoden and Denethor, both of whom did not appear as Tolkien described.