View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #101
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Grateful that both her friends had shown up at the luncheon, Dryea devoted herself to the conversation they had started, blocking out the words spoken by her mother and the other guests.

“Doubtful!” Elena laughed. “The men would not have heard any rumours - and if they do, it goes in one ear and out the other! What I want to know, is if she isn’t really who she says she is…who is she? Surely these rumours must have come from somewhere, and for some reason – someone must know something about her past.”

Dryea thought on Elena’s innocent supposition and agreed silently to herself. Very well mother, you got us into this one. Where is she from then if not from Dol Amroth? Dryea glanced imperceptibly towards Ruiel who gave her a fleeting smile. Ha! she thought to herself. She knows my thoughts as though my mind were a book that she hath read. Her disgruntled opinions subsided as she looked again at the honestly calm expression hidden behind the social enthusiasm. Ruiel knew exactly what she was going to do and how, of this Dryea was suddenly sure. Her mother was truly a clever person. Satisfied, she returned focus to her friends.

“This is dull,” whispered Emilia so that only Elena and Dryea could hear. Both agreed wordlessly, sipping lazily at their tea.

“Do you return home this evening?” inquired Elena, directing her question towards Dryea. She nodded, setting her cup down and wishing there had been more sugar in the tasteless brew.

“We leave almost immediately after the luncheon I think. I wish it wasn’t so far from here. It can get quite lonesome.” Talk went on at about the some degree throughout the luncheon, words of Finuilas and her delegation fluttering about purposely. Dryea wondered halfheartedly if Ruiel should mention anything she knew here or was waiting for a better, more appropriate time...

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]