View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 12:54 PM   #108
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Ring

Betuli made her way to Diorwyn's room. The seamstress had to help her with one of Betuli's dresses. It had been torn and it had now gained a large split on the side. It needed sewing and Diorwyn just seemed to be the right person to ask for help, of course she was the right person, she was a seamstress!

She made her way through the hallway. She was heading for Diorwyn's room when Betuli heard some giggling ladies. They were talking about the Lady, Finduilas.

"Have you heard it?" One voice asked. Another voice answered quickly. "Yes, of course I have!" "I mean who hasn't?" It continued, giggling even more.

The third voice interrupted;"The lady is not who she claims to be!" "Some even use the word 'imposter' around her!" The voice continued.

Betuli made a rare grimase, what kind of rubbish was this? Finduilas was Finduilas and nothing more or less. An imposter?! She muttered the word. It didn't sound good, not at all. It sounded quite......well, she didn't really have time to think about this and debat with herself. This was a rubbish subject. Betuli just continued down to Diorwyn's room.

She knocked on the door and was told to enter. And so she did. There was Dirowyn sitting and sewing of course.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting you," Betuli said. Her voice seemed a bit irritated but she was not being rude in any kind of way.

"No, your not disturbing, dear friend." Diorwyn answered in a low voice still consentrating on the stiches. "Please sit down Betuli, and tell me your errand, because I assume you have one," Diorwyn said kindly while looking on the dress Betuli held in her hand.

"Yes, of course I have one." Betuli answered, looking at her dress as well. "Look!" Betuli said while holding out the dress. Diorwyn took it in her hands, she looked at it. "Oh, a split," She said at once.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Betuli answered a bit sad. "This was one of my best dresses, you know." She added. "Do you think you can fix it?" She continued.

"Yes of course I can," Diorwyn said.

She took the dress gently and found a matching thread. Then she found her small needle and started to sew.

Betuli started thinking about the voices, the voices that called her dear Lady an imposter. Without much thought she asked Diorwyn if she had heard such nonsense.

Betuli interrupted herself and the small "em..." from Diorwyn. "I heard some ladies talking about Findulias while going down here. They said that Findulias wasn't the person she claimed to be." Betuli said, she looked quite worried. And her eyes turned away from both her dress and Diorwyn.

Then suddenly she got up, muttering something about that her duties were waiting and that she had forgot the time. "Do you mind if I come back later, for the dress I mean?" She asked politely, while she hurried towards the door.

"Yes, of course, I'll be done by then," Diorwyn answered while looking up at Betuli. She said her good byes and Betuli left in a hurry.

"Thanks," Betuli said while she was running trough the door.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]