View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #350
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Pio's post

NEW INNKEEPER STORYLINE

The next day did indeed see the arrival of Mithadan. He was dirty and scruffy, the ride north from the crossing at Sarn Ford had been a long one and the way held its own perils despite the peace ordered by King Elessar.

He was delighted to see Piosenniel, and their reunion was a joyous one. He had many stories to tell her of his time spent refitting the Lonely Star, and he spoke to her of the new King and his hopes for the future.

Pio in turn spoke of her time in the Shire – all the wonderful people she had met as the Innkeeper in her time at the Green Dragon, all the help she had received. In a way she was sorry to be leaving, she told him.

‘But not sorry enough that you would not wish to return to your husband and children I hope,’ he said laughing, taking her hand and pulling her down next to him. ‘Only two days, is it not, and then our son and daughter will be here.’

She sat up, her brow furrowed. ‘I do still need to find a replacement as Innkeeper.’

‘And have you thought who that might be?’ Mithadan sat up beside her and poured a cup of wine for himself.

‘I have actually. Do you remember the old friend I spoke of, the woman from Rohan. Aman.’ Mithadan nodded his head ‘yes’, wondering where this line of thought was going. ‘She is on her way to the Shire, and should be here day after tomorrow. She is coming to help me.’

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Aman's post

Aman walked slowly up the path towards the comforting and homely lights of the Green Dragon, twirling her staff slightly in her fingers, and dwawdling more than a little. She wasnt putting it off, she told herself, it was just that it had been so long since she had talked to Pio...

No, not strictly true. She half smiled to herself as she remembered how she had reacted when Pio had replied to her message, which she hadnt even realised she had sent out. When she heard the voice in her head, she almost leapt back from the windowsill, so shocked was she. Pio was the one who had showed her this strange way of communication, and the only one she had ever used it with. Well, the only person at any rate...

She found herself almost at the door of the Inn. She knew Pio would recieve her with open arms, but she still cursed her incredible ability to put things off for so long; as a result she hadnt spoken to Piosenniel for a lifetime, and so much could have happened. Taking a deep breath, the woman rapped twice on the door of the Dragon with her staff, then stepped in.

She blinked against the sudden light, and the warmth of the firelight hit her like a barrier. As her green eyes adjusted to the light in the room, she looked around her, taking in everything she could in a few seconds.

"Excuse me."

The voice made her turn and saw a man behind her, thin and wiry, his eyes slitted as if he was only just waking up, and half his face hidden by a curtain of hair. Shaking this back slightly, he stood, and Aman was surprised to see that the young man was only a few inches taller than her, and about her age.

I'm Merin," he continued, then looked her up and down, not in a leering way, merely like checking her, and looked back to the door from whence she had come. "From what I hear, you're the Innkeeper, Aman."

"From what I hear, you're the Innkeeper, Aman." The words made Aman raise her eyebrows, and the man went on quickly as if worried she might say something or attempt to throw him out on the spot.

"I don't have anything,but I'll gladly work off the price for a few hot ciders." He finished. His eyes were wider now, and contained an almost anxious look. The woman wasnt sure what to say; she had recieved one message from Piosenniel, telling her of the twins, but the words 'new Innkeeper' hadnt come into this anywhere.

"From what you hear....Im sorry, from what you hear you seem to know more about this than I do. I-"

"Aman!"

The second voice, a female voice, laced with joy and relief, made Aman once more turn. As she caught sight of the owner of the voice, her slim face broke into a wide grin as she spread her arms to envelop Pio in a huge, but, considering her present condition, careful hug. Releasing her, her grin almost splitting her face in two, she took in once more the rest of the Inn, and looked up and down her old friend, who was beaming with pleasure as widely as Amanaduial herself. Although she had certainly never been here in her life, she felt more at home than she had in a long time.

[ April 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]