View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #354
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lottie and Dun backed away from the rest of the group, their hands joined as they tried to avoid the accusations being hurled at them.

“You did it!” someone cried. “It was her! Send her!”

“I didn’t do anything,” Lottie persisted, and squeezed Dun’s hand. “Tell them!”

Inziladun considered it for a moment, turning to see the dim figure of the woman holding his hand. Then he shook his head, tightening his grip on her and pulling her toward the voices. “It was her!” he shouted suddenly. “It was her, I heard it. She’s making bargains with that....thing.”

“No!” Lottie struggled for a moment then shoved her body into Dun’s, the unexpected force making him release her hand. She ran a few feet away then cleared her throat, making her voice as low as possible. “It was him, the one making accusations! Send him off, and our troubles will be over!”

Dun tried to silence her but he couldn’t find her, so he felt along the wall, trying to make out the position of her voice. However, the next words made him stop in his tracks.

“Let’s just send them both. Perhaps it will satiate her appetite, and she’ll not attack anyone tonight.”

“Whose bright idea was that?” a new (and strangely commanding) voice demanded.

Phantom, for once, was silent.

“Take her!” Dun shouted. “It’s not me you want! Take the girl!”

“If you try to take me I’ll sing!”

“Lies! We’ve never heard singing in here!”

Lottie huffed. “Because I didn’t have a good reason.” She felt Dun’s hand on her shoulder, gripping her arm tightly and pulling her toward the crack in the wall. “Take him,” she told the others. “We’ll be safe if he’s gone. Please,” she sobbed, “don’t take me....”

“It’s too late for you,” Dun hissed. He heard someone else shout for him to go as well, but their voice was quickly silenced by the strange one he had heard a moment ago. As they reached the entrance to Shelob’s lair there was a sharp gust of wind and they both fell back just in time to see a blue box materialize before them.

“What the-”

Out stepped Boro, the light coming from his box revealing a bow tie and spiky hair. He started toward Dun and Lottie but suddenly tripped on the large scarf hanging from his neck. “Arms, legs, neck, head, nose....I’m fine,” he assured them as he righted himself, dusting off his striped trousers. “And what’s going on here? I’m sorry I had to take off, but....duty calls, you know.”

“Take us out of here!” several of the others cried. “Help us escape!”

“Can’t,” he replied reluctantly. “I’m a part of events now. I have to leave you here.”

“Excuse me,” Lottie said softly, stepping closer to Boro and his box, “but what is....”

“Yes, go on, spit it out. I can’t stay long.”

Dun joined her at his side, his eyes wide. “What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?”

“Oh,” Boro replied simply, “that. It’s a clown mask.” He frowned. “Don’t ask. Just....don’t.”

“So why did you come back, if you’re not going to help us?”

“You were about to make a very stupid mistake. Erm....I think. You can’t send off two people at once. If you do, Shelob will overpower you even easier.”

“But one of them could be working for her!” someone shouted.

“Or both!” another joined in.

“Yes, but do you know for sure?” When no one could reply Boro snapped his fingers, the doors of his box closing and leaving them in darkness again. “No one is dying today,” he told them. “I have gone, and that’s enough for you to lose in one day. Be more careful. And besides,” he added sharply, “are you trying to fight Shelob or become like her?”

Lottie and Dun stood still for a moment, then they both slowly walked back toward the center of the tunnel, putting distance between them and Shelob’s lair.

“Goodie,” Boro said brightly. “Well, best be off. I’m late for an appointment with the quarterback of the-”

The doors to the box suddenly opened again, revealing laurab2333 standing impatiently inside. “Hurry up, will you?” she demanded. “Some of us have a rehearsal to get to.”

“All right, all right,” Boro sighed, I’m coming.” He joined laurab2333 in the box, snapped his fingers again, and as everyone stood waiting in the dark they heard a terrible wheezing, even the dim light from the box’s top dissipating.

“So,” Lottie and Dun said together, “what do we do now?”

Here
Lottie
Dun
Phantom
Wilwa
Nog
Nerwen
Shasta
Lhuna
Fea

Gone
Glirdan (ordo, lynched Day 1)
Nienna (ordo, withdrew Day 2)
Bom Tombadillo (ordo, lynched Day 2)
Boro (the Doctor, withdrew Day 3)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 05-11-2011 at 07:56 AM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote