View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Even though this was decided long ago [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , I applaud you H-I for taking the bull by the horns!

Actually this current vote shows the shortcomings of our 'system' of editing very nicely, but let us see if we can continue to make progress without devoting weeks or months to creating an elaborate and complex power/decision/voting structure.

I vote for C, also, is there conclusive proof that JRRT stayed with the MT version?

JRRT: artist and illustrator has a picture of taniquetil in it where in there is someaspect of the sun [ I do not recall what anymore, that led Saulotus and I who were examining it - to be less than positive as to it's 'MTness']It was a very late picture also, mid 60's at the earliest as I recall.

Anyway if someone really wants A or B they should also propose how to deal with the manifold issues it raises.

As has been noticed, JRRT left some sketches and outlines as to how to implement some of the changes, but they are nowhere near enough to truly doctor the early part of the Silm.

Also A and to lesser degree B would violate the very working principles we have agreed upon. Every member should be fully aware of these principles and automatically run any suggestion they are about to make through their very own 'internalized forebrain principle sifter'. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote