View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 08:50 PM   #261
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Boots Marcho's post is up...

The ball is now in the hands of the fathers (and grandfather) and wolves. I would love to see posts on the women following, too.

Before I forget this again, here is a short description of Adelard Proudfoot, who will prove to be another obstacle for the children to overcome and hopefully provide some comic relief.

Adelard Proudfoot, a 23 year-old, Fallohide lad is the only child of Adagrim and Mirabella Proudfoot. His father, a local politician, is very wealthy and very busy, so Addey (as most hobbits call him) has grown up with anything he’s ever wanted thrown at him to keep him occupied and contented. The young hobbit is far from content and takes his callous attitude on all those around him. “Everything in Middle Earth has a price,” he always says and truly believes his money, or rather his father’s money, is enough that all of the other “poor, wretched” hobbits should be grateful he glances in their direction. As a result of this egotistical outlook, Addey has not a single friend, but he keeps around those he forces to meet his needs or those who hope to gain something from the relationship. The hobbit is known for being blunt, hateful, and rude without showing the least bit of remorse. Addey feels the world owes him, and everything is there for his taking.

Adelard has been watching the Chubbs and sees them having fun (chasing one another at camp that morning), and he thinks that since they're poor they will have to do things for him. I'm really hoping May will give him a hard time. Be prepared for him to be completely disrespectful (probably to the adults too) and mean. He's a snot nosed brat. He will squeeze himself into a lot of things the kids do. He's never known true friendship, so maybe through the course of this trip, he will learn a lesson or two. We shall see.