View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #168
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Orofaniel: If you're still confused after reading all the posts in order and reviewing the game sheet at the beginning of this discussion thread then I don't know what to tell you except to take notes? Good luck

I've been saying this a lot but I think it's important. Dryea has to "win" two-thirds of the way through the game. It's important because a reader knows that good usually triumphs, it's precisely how they triumph that makes a story exciting.

Quote:
Act III- suspicions
The Minas Tirith gang finally resolves that 1)Finduilas is not who she appears to be, and 2)they need to do something about her.
Finduilas plans a masquarade.
Dryea and Aleathea quarrel.

Act IV- an unpleasant suprise
The masquarade:
Minas Tirith group confronts Finduilas about being evil.
They realize their mistake.
Dryea openly humiliates her sister.
Dryea should win somewhere around Act III or IV. We should group Dryea's blunders together as well. Instead of having her quarrel with Alethea and then humiliating her and then blundering in four different Acts, she should begin messing up towards the end of the masquerade--where she believes she wins. In her triumph, she slips up and then quarrels and humiliates Alethea causing her sister to betray Dryea and her mother.

This is the outline from Act III on that best fits my idea:

Act III - suspicions
The Minas Tirith gang finally resolves that 1)Finduilas is not who she appears to be, and 2)they need to do something about her.
Finduilas plans a masquarade.

Act IV - an unexpected suprise
The masquarade
Minas Tirith group confronts Finduilas about being evil.
They start to second-guess their supposition.
Siriel(?) believes that Dryea started the lie on purpose for some yet unclear reason.
The Morthaniawens assume they've triumphed at the conclusion of the masque.

Act V - the eye-opener
Dryea blunders
Vern gives the message on to everyone else
Minas Tirith & Dol Amroth groups become friends
Dryea & Alethea quarrel
Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas telling her everything she knows

Act VI - a fatal party
Finduilas' engagement party
The Minas Tirith/Finduilas group decide to strike
Finduilas' speech
Dryea realizes they know and runs

Act VII - It is over