View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #169
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, I haven't been swallowed by a giant flying turtle, so I thought I'd jump in and post a few days ago.

As I read through what had already preceeded, and wonderful work one and all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I got the sense that the Ball was ending and so posted Ruiel from that perspective.

Please, oh please, can Dryea have her Rhir. Ruiel would not be a truly evil mama unless she decided poor, hapless Rhir was going to go bye-byes if he continued to mess with her daughter.

After all that grooming, Ruiel is not about to let love get in the way and mess things up. Not that Ruiel has the power to vanish him. However she certainly will consider encasing his feet in alabaster and throwing him into the Anduin. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Kidding. I'm just trying to point out that Ruiel will not be at all favourable inclined towards Rhir, will think little of him as she does all men (particularly that Corsair captian that Ranne was yoked with some years ago). She's a dangerous woman in her own right, she so may not restrain her antipathy to mere contempt and lectures to her daughter.

Can I say that we have some wonderful work here on this role play. There are some logistical issues inherent with this many players. I know I'll be taking notes from time to time to make sure I don't misplace other characters in Ruiel's posts.

As for the insider/outsider debate concerning Dryea and gang, I believe they must be seen as legitimate denizens of the court, else they have no position from which to influence others. This will be necessary to set them up for the planned fall they will be taking. Who would listen to Dryea if she was considered some stranger to the Minas Tirith courts?
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight