View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Thanks for making this thread Eomer, now the truth can be revealed! ...just kidding. However, my writing has grown tremendously since I've been on the downs (which isn't saying much since I'm not that good of a writer to begin with), which is why if I ever win a Pulitzer Prize (which I won't. This is just fun speculation), the first thing I will thank is the Downs. Now, for the people who helped.

Arvedui III, Arvedui introduced me to the downs. Got me started, and always offered advice. For this, I am very thankful. Although Arvedui is no longer present on the downs (for now), the lessons well always remain.

Finwë, I remember when I was just a little pile of bones, wandering the Barrow-Downs in search of meaning. Back then, I was a newbie if ever there was one. I remember one moment in particular, Finwe went on a posting spree (which I do often now). I read every post, and I agreed. Finwë was my role model. If only I showed it better, instead of posting "I'm with Finwe on that one!" after every single post she made. That got me a talking to from the Wight, but what can I say? I was a Pile of bones. But, Finwe kept smiling and helped. Although also not on the downs, Finwe and I still talk. It's nice to know.

Piosenniel, Pio, from my first post in the Green Dragon (which needed drastic editing ) to where I am now, owning an RPG, Piosenniel never frowned (although it did come pretty close some times). Another thing I'm greatful for from Pio is getting me into the habbit of the standard rules of RPGing, which saves lots of time now. Pio is always a great help whenever I call upon it. Truly a great helper and friend.

Bombadil, Gil-Galad, Pyroclastic (who has left the building...uh...I mean downs), Symestreem, Firefoot, you guys (and or gals) are the people who really make me laugh. There are others, but I can always count on these people to welcome me back to whatever forum I'm posting in (which, as it happens to be, is almost always the Quiz Room and Middle Earth Mirth). Good, decent people who deserve a pat on the back!

I really owe those people a lot. Well, It's nice to get that off my chest. I'll have to do this again with some other people I haven't mentioned. Oh well, til then!

- Perky
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote