View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #102
Raynor
Eagle of the Star

Raynor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
But how is physical power to influence and interact with matter any more natural (less magical) than spiritual/mental power to influence and interact with matter? Inherent natural power is inherent natural power, no matter if it is physical or not.
I disagree; the fea is not of this world, therefore the power it has cannot be compared to whatever powers a material object (even a hroa) might have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The cloaks weren't camouflage only when enemy eyes were upon them. Now, items more unique and special, like Galadriel's vial of light, I can see being more complex and containing emotional and vocal triggers. But rope- I have difficulty believing it.
Well, while we are at it, the issue of "authority", as a factor strengthening thought-transmission, can also be applied here. After all, the ropes were "delegated" to the hobbits. I would say this is in just in the same manner that the palantiri, for example, were "delegated" to the numenoreans, who afterwards derrived enough power from said "authority" that they could even defy Sauron's power [I am referring to both Aragorn and Denethor]. So, it would be "urgency" and "authority" too.