View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #51
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
What about Galdor and Legolas? Or are they out of your version of the Fall of Gondolin? Or are you onmy side, when I argue that both of them could be the same person in Gondolin and Imladris?

What bothers me about Halmir/Haldir son of Orodreth is that in part at least the leader of Brethil with a very similar name took ofer the part in the story that this son of Orodreth has. => Slain by Orks when barring the way to Nargothrond at a similar time. Okay the death of a Man would not embitter Orodreth that much even so he might have been a close ally, which is unlikley considering the policy of secrecy. But still it seems to be to much repetition. And it is again a repetition when Finduilas the daughter is slain a similar cruel way by the orks later on in the story.

About Eöl: Yes the discussion will be helpful for sure. I agree that it is dificult to stick to idea of Eöl being of Tatyarin origin. But as said already he proberbly has a mixed origin with a strong Tatyarin-Avari strain. But here again it is the information combiner that speaks. And that side of myself the one that must restriced by others in our project to secure some succes at all.

Respectfuly
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote