View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 11:34 PM   #78
Dininziliel
Wight

Dininziliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

What he (Tar-Palantir) said ... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, Boromir (Denethor, too) should have been welcoming Aragorn with open arms (no pun intended) and all due propers despite their historically-based attitude. But they were unwilling to do that because they had already been corrupted by pride & fear. Well, actually, pride is a product of fear, but we've already been there and done that re greed & fear.

I was most interested in the movie portrayal of Boromir. It was very important that he be written for the screen as in the book. He was the character easiest for us Fourth Agers to relate to. In fact, now that I think of it, he may be the only character in all of LotR, Hobbit, Silmarillion who is so accessible to us.

I have a special fondness for Boromir, though it may not have seemed like it. It is because I can see how I would have done what he did (well, maybe not the fighting 'cause I'm just a goil [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ). And because his final redemption and the part he played in Frodo's doing what Frodo had to do just about broke my heart--book and movie.

Peace to every person everywhere from this one in U.S.