View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am pretty sure a M-E park would draw enough attention. Think about it. Peter Jackson's Hobbiton set in New Zealand still draws enough attention.

But yeah, I am afraid it would be about barrel-rides (IF it happened. Somehow, I don't really know if the rights to make such a park would be given... although... who knows).

In any case, at least as far as I am concerned, it is the very antithesis of what Tolkien was about. Movies were already too much for me; they - for too many people, basically for the general public - "fixed" an image of what certain things look like. Yes, many of the places in PJ's movies are very pretty, that's for sure, but Middle-Earth should never be visual. It should take on the shape inside one's imagination, based on Tolkien's words in the writing. That's how I have always perceived it, and I think it is in line with Tolkien's attitude in, I believe, On Fairy-Stories, where he goes on a rant about how even theatre "locks down" the visual part, as opposed to the text.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote