View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #15
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Which Elf? Who knows what Morgoth fed his thralls. Probably nothing particularly wholesome.
As for Húrin, if that's the Man you have in mind, I don't think he ate while imprisoned. Morgoth seems to have had him in some sort of stasis: he couldn't move, or even die, so lack of food shouldn't have been an issue.
I was referring to Maedhros. If I remember correctly, he spent quite some time hanging by one arm on the cliffs, and I doubt Morgoth bothered to send up food.

I personally agree about Hurin - I don't think Morgoth sent him food. I don't think he even sent anyone to check on him. He knew exactly what was up with him, and didn't want to ruin the effect of utter solitude and helplessness. But that's a side topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Beren ate Orcs and the evil black squirrels.
You know, at one point in my life I thought the former. But as soon as I thought that thought, I realized that was so disgusting I would rather have Beren go about as a vegetarian.

But other orcs eating orcs isn't at all foreign-sounding (and even canonical to the extent of possibility). If there was famine in Moria for whatever reason...