View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #437
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

*****Rhûn Nation*****

Ulwyte left the room, as they obviously had time before Gimli came. Kasteni and Lovek, however, remained seated.

"And what of Rhûn?" Lovek leaned over, whispering to Kasteni, "We should ask what is to become of Rhûn. We know that they will do everything in their power to take away our land. They are our enemies and we cannot trust them under any circumstances."

"Lovek," Kasteni said, reasonably, "King Elessar is a good leader. I can see it in his face. He will not treat us unfairly."

"It is all lies," Lovek said, "These men would not be truthful in front of us. You cannot trust this man's face. And what do we know of him? All we know is that he defeated one of our own. How can we call him an ally?"

"Because we have no choice," Kasteni said, his voice raising a little at his frustration, and echoing a bit in the hall. He calmed himself down and began again, "We have no power now, Lovek. We need their help. Rhûn will fail if we do not make peace with them."

"Rhûn will not fail!" Lovek said, desperately, "We will never fail! We have our faith and devotion to our supreme Lord to guide us! He will not abandon us! We can conquer all obstacles."

"No, Lovek, times have changed. These men's Lords and Kings will defeat ours. There are more of them, and their power is growing. We cannot hold them off. We must at least make peace. I know we will never be on friendly terms with them, but...it is our only hope. Don't you see?"

Lovek turned back. He did not see. He could never trust these people. He sighed and sat back, not wanting to see this city, partially for his dislike of it and partially for his fear that, by seeing the city, he may grow to like it. Kasteni, however, rose and dismissed himself from the room.

Lovek sat, brewing and contemplating this new turn of events...