View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #39
Iarhen
Wight

Iarhen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All powers are subdued in Mount Doom...<P>No one would ever be able to cast the ring into the fire in the very core of the Ring's, and Sauron's, power.<P>I dont remember where it was stated, but no one in M.E. could conjure up all the will it was needed to destroy the One Ring when being in Mount Doom...<P>Sauron was not a fool. He might have considered the possibility, but he knew that no living being on M.E. would have the power and will to get rid of such a powerful thing (specially in the core of the Ring's power)...<P>The One Ring was destroyed not because someone had the will to cast it into the fire. But simply and merely by CHANCE (i.e. Eru).<P>So... Even if Elrond had forced Isildur to give him the One Ring, Elrond would have been ensnared too and would not be capable of casting it into the fire...<P>Not even Gandalf, Cirdan, Galadriel... NO ONE would be able to do so... If the ring was so tempting by itself, imagine the great temptation it produced in Mount Doom...<p>[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Iarhen ]