View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #45
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Rochadan

Having at last finished wrapping the forelegs of the injured horse that had come into his care earlier in the morning, Rochadan came out of the stables just in time to see Finian and the dark woman from the common room standing alongside one wall of the inn, accompanied by the woman's large black dog. Finian leaned a ladder from the stable against the side of the building. Curious, Rochadan walked over to join them. He looked up at the awnings, worried that there might be trouble with the roof.

Nodding politely to the woman, he turned to Finian. "Is there a problem with the roof? Should I go up and take a look?"

Finian laughed, rising from where he had knelt down to speak to the dog. "No, that's all right. There's nothing wrong with the roof. It's just that Miss Kellan here likes to look at the stars. I was showing her a way to get up there."

"I see." Rochadan nodded. "Then I will be sure not to put the ladder away." He smiled at Kellan. "Please let me know if there is anything else you will be needing, Miss Kellan. My name is Rochadan. I'm usually around about the stables."

"Thank you," answered Kellan. "I will keep that in mind."

He started to go, but then turned and came back. "There's a loose rung on the ladder, third from the top. I'll try to get around to fixing it sometime today..."

"Well, that's a thought!" interupted Finian with an easy grin. "We can't have our guests toppling off the roof now, can we? Especially not because of our own rickety ladder."

Rochadan laughed. "No! I guess that wouldn't do at all." He gave Kellan a friendly smile. "I will see to it that the ladder is fixed by nightfall." Glancing down at the dog beside her, he reached out and scrunched the animal behind the ears. "That's a fine dog you've got there," he added pleasantly. "What do you call him?"