View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #48
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Cynan had been wandering aimlessly about the Common Room, finding himself at a loss of what to do now that he had taken leave of Kellan and Grimm. He had enjoyed the company of both, and Grimm had brought pleasant remembrances of his own dog. Cynan was not one to weep and feel bitter at memories of days and people past. No one had made a move to speak to him now, and he was restless. He would have returned to his home save that he felt he should not leave before he said a temporary farewell to Andhun.

He sat by the wall at a point where he could see most of the goings-on in the Tavern. He had not been sitting five minutes when a young serving girl came to the door and beckoned to him; she said nothing but she did not need to, for he felt certain it concerned Andhun. He followed the girl down the same path that Bethberry and Andhun had just recently trodden, until he was led to those two people. He smiled at both, and both smiled at him, and then Andhun turned his head up to Bethberry and said:

"Now that Cynan is here I feel much more at ease; yet I do assure you that even without his presence I should feel easy in my mind, and know that you would not harm me."

Cynan sat himself on a chair and gazed about. "It is very neat and tidy here, ma'am," he said. "It has been long since I have seen such a tidy place. My own house was once tidy and while my little sisters do an admirable job, they are still little and inexperienced, and my mamma cannot clean for she is sick in bed. Sometimes I do think that if the house were neater, she would be able to recover faster." He smiled ruefully. "I am not in the least talented at cleaning, so I cannot help her. I regret it."