View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #67
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Thalinar nodded and said nothing else. How could one comfort a stranger? And even if Thalinar had known the boy all his short years and had seen his father perish in the Dragon fire there would still be no way; comforting cannot bring a loved one back save only in memory. It was a feeling the Elves knew all too well.

Thalinar gazed out the window again, his blue orbs dancing up and down as if searching for something in the distance. He was snatched out of his reverie by the young Innkeeper.

"Is there anything else Master Elf?"

The Elf looked across at him and noticed the fire, "nothing except the wine and a hot bath", he pointed to the half sized tub in the corner, "or a basin of steaming water and two towels will also do me fine", he smiled warmly at the Innkeeper.

"I do not wish to pry Master Finian but before you go would you tell me who that young maiden was? By the way she looked at me it was as if she had never seen an Elf before".

But Thalinar had a slight glint in his eye not often seen in Elves, it showed mischieviousness. The Elf had seen the look in the girls eyes and the crimson blush of her cheeks, his curiosity certainely got the better of him and he questioned why their meeting had been so awkward and what he could do to right it.