View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #68
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Nodding Ædhral turned and descended the stairs as quickly as possible, her face still flush with embarrassment. Staring at a guest so, she admonished herself, but he was an elf and although she had seen them from a distance she had never seen one so close and he was handsome, no! That’s not the point, she scolded herself again. He is a guest and staring at him so was not only rude it was wrong! Shaking her head she then wondered just were on earth Finian expected her to find clothes suitable for an elf.

She then remembered that there had been an old chest that Finian’s father had kept filled with clothes that guests had carelessly left behind, she and Kannah had even mended one or two things and she was sure it was one of the things that had survived the fire. Passing through the common room she picked up another tune, this one local and less lively than the elven one, put pleasant and calming all the same.

Pushing open the door to the kitchen she called to cook. “Finian needs me to find some dry clothes for one of the guests do you need anyone to help with lunch.” Cook grumbled something that she could not quite catch then waved her away muttering that if she needed help she would get Kannah from the common room.

With a quick nod she left the kitchen and made her way down to the stables, if anyone knew what had become of the chest it would be Rochadan. As she approached she saw the stable master conversing with one of the guests, little Sallie as always was not to far away, a smile crept over her face as she realised that the little girl was playing happily with the large dog they has seen earlier.

“Ada, Ada look!” the girl cried excitedly as she saw her approach, “Isn’t he beautiful?”

“Indeed he is princess,” Ædhral smiled reaching down to gently scratch the shaggy dogs ear.

“His name is Grimm,” Sallie grinned, “and he’s my new bestest friend.”

“Is he?” she laughed, “then I had better ask cook to save the bone from the soup for your new friend’s lunch, I do not think mud pies would agree with him,” she winked.

Sallie laughed, “don’t be silly Ada only the kitties like mud pies!” the two laughed together, then remembering why she was there Ædhral turned first to the girl with whom Rachadan was speaking. “Hi, my name is Ædhral. I must apologise for interrupting, but I am in need of the stable masters ear for a moment, I will not keep him long.”

Then turning to Rochadan she asked him if he remembered the old chest, telling him about the soaking wet elf and Finian’s request that she bring him fresh clothes, but she deliberately left out how she had thoroughly embarrassed herself, by staring.