View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But... Morsul, they're not just going to poll a bunch of people on what they like best, books or films, then award the thing accordingly. I'm sorry if that comes across as sarcastic, but, well I don't know what to say– honestly, it is really is sounding like that's how you think it works.

Plus , there's plenty of what I would frankly term junk fiction that has a huge readership. Regrettably so, perhaps– but I think it can be pretty easily proven that many, many millions of people do read books. Often pretty bad books, in my opinion, but that's not the point.
What I'm saying is it comes down to the jury. If they get a very book friendly crowd the estate will do better if they get a bunch of tv watchers who only read texcts then Zainst has the advantage. Juries are people and people are usually swayed by their preferences. Juries are sort of like polling people, especially in a case of pretty subjective stuff. Are the movies famous because of the books or vice versa of course at the start the movies were made because of the books but after it's a bit more grey....