View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #5078
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

I am very happy that there is a brave soul who would suggest it! I am sure there are more of the same mind.

I would also advocate for a simple game, nothing too experimental. A basic Wolves-Seer-Ranger-Hunter-possibly Cobbler setup would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The problem with the basic game is, that if you get lynched on the first day, which happens to someone anyway, the game is over. I think that after this long pause in Werewolf it would be much more fun if everyone could play a bit longer than that.

Therefore I'd suggest some form of a "Dead-thread"-game, where playing in the dead-thread would be meaningful and interesting (aka. the dead would have some power on the events - but not too much, of course). We should discuss the details together. I'd not suggest a Dueling Wizards -game or any such over-complex one though. A simple game, but one where the dead could also play and try to actually influence the outcome.
A good observation. I agree with that sentiment. Perhaps we (and yes, I already said "we"; clearly I am already counting on this happening and counting with me being there - woe is me...) could have a dead thread - maybe with some simple power such as giving the one extra vote to a person every day, meaning empowering one of the living they trust, or somesuch. Even though I remember it frustrated me to no end as a Wolf. But isn't frustration an inseparable part of a good WW game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Theme: Would it be distasteful / out of question to put the game into the world of "The Children of Húrin" where plague ravaged the village? Well, that's just one idea. And if someone else mods the game, they sure are free to come up with whatever they like.
For myself, I don't think it a problem. I would exactly think it appropriate. "If we can't do very much about it, we can at least laugh about it," as one great artist compatriot of mine once said.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote