View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 03:56 PM   #11
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
I would like to give my opinion regarding Mīn in relation to all the information we have about him.

Regarding whether they are all the same Mīm, from the point of view of the information we have and making the verosimility relevant, I do not think that Tolkien would have thought of a different Mīm on each case. And in the case of a Petty Dwarf, a Dwarf of more than 500 years It would not seem plausible to me.

A possible historical line that I propose would be (please correct me if I forget something):

-An indefinite time after Nargothrond is complete in FA102, Mīm becomes the young leader of the Petty Dwarves and later attempts to assassinate Finrod (say in FA250).
-He is expelled and goes to Dorthonion.
-When the Beörians are given Ladros in FA410 he has to leave and goes to Amon Rūdh (who he already knew).

So, when Mīm die in 502 (been very old and possibly near to his natural end) would be more or less 300-350 years old.

Of course this line would be a mythical adaptation to be able to make a plausible composition of his story.

In relation to the moment of the Klage, I agree with Findegil that a possible one would be after stablised the friendship between Tśrin and him.

Greetings
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote