View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 03:26 PM   #255
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

The Innkeeper smiled sadly after Lira as she skipped out of the Green Dragon door for the last time and into the now clear, fine day. For a moment, the elf was framed in the doorway, the green outfit and the blonde in her hair entwining with the fine strands of blonde in her hair. She had been a great help with everything in the Inn, and Aman hadn't charged her even half of what she should have done - it wouldn't have been right to charge a friend for such a stay. Aman hoped Pio didn't guess she had undercharged the other elf, but something Aman noticed in her eyes told the Rohirrim Innkeeper that she knew full well, and didn't disapprove. Then, with a jaunty wave, Lira was gone - she would go to the stables, then down the road and off.

"Excuse me I was just wondering, are there any free rooms? You see I had quite a long journey..."

Aman sighed, shaking herself away from the image of her friend which she could see in her mind's eye skipping down the lane, and turned to the other elf who had approached herself and Pio rather nervously as she was watching Lira, suddenly back to the moment. She smiled at the elf, Enif she thought her name was from earlier, who was evidently ill at ease with distracting herself and Pio from her talk, hoping to put her at ease, and her friend smiled also. Pio nodded understandingly and Aman stood.

"Of course, I quite understand, miss...?"

"Enif. My name is Enif." The elf smiled again, still seeming a little uncomfortable but a little more relaxed now. Aman nodded and went towards the bar, where Vanwe was still patiently taking down names and rooms of those who needed them. Aman relieved her and the elf gratefully scooted off with a smile, out to the stable. She still seemed a little distracted, deep in her eyes, and Aman knew the dwarf's coming would no doubt have given her something to think about - she would be carving this afternoon, at least for a while, the Innkeeper would wager. She would bring out a cup of tea to her later on; she and Vanwe hadn't talked properly in quite a while it now seemed, and the Innkeeper wouldn't wish for the elf to set off with Falowik on what could be a very dangerous trip with states left in this drifted-apart manner.

Turning the log book towards Enif, Aman handed her the pen and showed her where to sign. As the elf did so, the Innkeeper let her eyes wander around her common room once more, taking in new faces she had missed. Her eyes caught one, near the door, a girl, not quite in adulthood yet it seemed, talking to another, a woman whose hood was pulled back from her head, from which fell a mass of golden hair. There was something about the girl's eyes which Aman couldn't quite see with her turned in that direction...

The girl turned and in an instant Aman recognised what was different about the girl's slightly misted, still eyes - she was evidently blind. The Innkeeper was reminded of her mother's saying of 'you don't know how lucky you are' - it was true. This girl looked to be about eighteen, although her face seemed a litte older than perhaps it was meant to be - some time younger than Aman. And yet she would never see the Shire... Aman made a note to talk to her when she Enif had her rooms sorted and make sure she was alright with everything. But there was something about her companion which made Aman continue to look...the woman suddenly laughed, tossing her hair slightly and as she did so, her face turned slightly to the side. Aman's eyebrows shot up - surely it couldn't be?

Well, if it was, this would be an interesting reunion indeed!