View Single Post
Old 05-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #94
KM Tinuviel
Pile O'Bones

KM Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Bree (Some years before the War of the Ring)

Galenwen paused to get her bearings. She thought she had heard footsteps padding along a few paces behind her for quite some time now, but to be sure she needed to separate herself from the other two Elves. The fog was still thick, and muffled all sound in a strange way that made it difficult to tell where any particular noise was coming from. She drew out her Elf-stone. No glow from it at all...that was a comfort. But who was following them? She stopped altogether, and waited. She heard the footsteps coming closer and closer. She thought she heard someone breathing. Well, she thought, she'd never heard tell of a Wight that still breathed! She pulled out her long knife, and then she stood up and reached out with both arms at full length.

&quot;Eeeyaaah!&quot; a small voice screamed. &quot;P-p-please, don't hurt me, I'm nobody, I'm just a hobbit, I don't want your gold, I promise, I'll leave the way I came (whichever way that is), I will never, never, never come here again, oh please, Mr. Barrow-Wight, I--&quot;

&quot;Ssh, quiet, my brave lad,&quot; Galenwen smiled to herself. &quot;It's Galenwen. Stay close to me, Andy. Hold on to the hem of my cloak, and don't let go.&quot; Galenwen didn't want to frighten Andy, so she didn't tell him that the Elf-stone had begun to glow brightly in the ever-deepening fog. It had grown dark, though it should have been bright day still, and a cold wind blew from just ahead. She feared they had wandered into a Barrow.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000006>Gilthali on</A> at: 5/5/01 4:58:32 pm