View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #12
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Boots Finky

Finky came slinking to Edoras; being a Dwarf by birth, he still had dunlanding blood in him that was apparent in some regards. He hoped his cloak would hide most of his giveaways. His real name wasn't Finky, they just called him that; he knew neither mother nor father, nor what his real name was.

Slipping in a group of travelers passing through the gate, he made his way inside the capital-fortress of Rohan. He had been told that there was an Inn about, the White Pony, or Grey Stallion, some colored beast of Rohan.

Finding the White Horse - that was it, the White Horse - , he slipped inside there; even though there did not seem to be any great number of soldiers guarding the entrance, it was wise to be cautious.

Who should he find when he got an ale and sat down, but his friend, Oin Stealthanvil. " 'ello, Oin! It mus' 'as been nought but a bit o' bad luck as kept usn's apart affer that fight."

"Aye, couldn't imagine what else could've." Oin said grumbling, staring at his ale. But then, he always was a grumbler.

"Why'd ye come 'ere, Oin? Thi' tain't na place ye should be, ye're apposed to be in dem Glitterin' Cavy tings."

"I come here ta have an ale and rest; I ain't have need of going to the Caves for nigh two months, as my, um, er, 'relation' Gimli has given me leave to try to find our friend Ponto," was Oin's unevasive reply.

"May I as join ye?" asked Finky.

"Might as well." Oin replied. "I don't know why you would want to, but oh, well....." Siiiiiiip!

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 03-28-2004 at 05:43 PM.