View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #150
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
Would people here consider a lot of the above film to just be bad fanfiction, which happened to end up on the big screen because of PJ having power and money?
That view was prevalent with us when we left the cinema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
After all, the only three PROMINENT characters in LOTR are Galadriel, Arwen, and Eowyn. All of whom are very good and complex characters, but the series still remains a sausagefest.
I'd say Goldberry is more prominent than Arwen, who is not the most complex character I've seen anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
Would some of those who make such 'sausagefest' criticisms have a similar complaint about another work containing mostly female characters, feeling that there should be more male ones included as a balancing act?
No because it's about representation and there is a vast imbalance between the numbers of male and female characters/leads in literature and films (Beighley & Smith, Flood etc). There is simply no need to bring more male characters into the business as they get the most attention anyway.