View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #2221
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
Rock. Anything that has no rhythm or beauty, no worth-while attributes and -when in a generous mood- can best be described as "catching", distracts one from his duty and mocks or plays down upon lawful authority is best for orcs. I can't believe any person with any form of honour would lower himself to listen to that trash.
Gollum, please don't tell me you're including Nightwish or anything like that lovely Finnish group with a lovely Swedish singer in your list. Nah, on second thought, it's metal, isn't it? If you do, the most I can do is tell you, don't listen to rock if you don't like it but don't tell anybody else not to listen to it.

Though if you're referring to MCR or its likes, I wouldn't have a problem, but maybe Volo might.

Maybe there are crapheads out there who listen to rock all day and do nothing else but breathe and bang their heads, but there are also decent people who like rock. In my senior year at high school we used some rock songs to discuss sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Oh, Bhabha. Did I mention that some of those "works" I was assigned two weeks ago were written by that lovely fellow? To Mordor with him and all his beloved jargon!
My prof did some "dumbing-down" of Bhabha when we discussed it, relating to postcolonial theory eros and fetishism. It was so fun and made a hell lot of sense, I never bothered to read the original text, but I attempted twice.

Legal Madness.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 10-17-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: profanity deleted by moderator
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote