View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #191
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
I was shocked to see that you are back in the game -- you seemed to get fed up much earlier than we did!
I did. Part of it was that it *can* be a really frustrating game at times (especially with constant exposure to some of the more glaring flaws) and part of it was that I'd been playing it literally for years without a break...bitter vet syndrome is real. One day it just suddenly hit me that I wasn't having fun and I didn't want to play LOTRO anymore.

After taking such a long break, its kind of fun being back. I was surprised but some people actually remembered me and said hi (one of them literally before I'd finished logging in the first time).

I enjoyed working through the latest book. Given the confines of what one has come to expect from Turbine, I thought it was reasonably well written too. Right now, I'm looking forward to the expansion coming out next week to carry on with the story.

So, in sum, yeah, I got really frustrated and I still am aware of the game's many flaws, but for the moment I've got a little bit of that "new experience" enjoyment and it is nice to talk to some old faces again. We will see how long it lasts. At the moment I don't intend to just stop playing again like I did. I also am not going to be playing anything near as often as I did in the past, for one thing I physically can't, and for another doing that will ultimately just result in the kind of burnout that I experienced already. I'm hoping I learned my lesson.

Taking the whole thing easier seems like a better idea all the way around.

Quote:
he seems bored waiting for Skyrim
Tell him I think that game will turn out to be disappointing. He knows I'm rarely wrong about these things.

Quote:
I'm assuming at least your 'VIP' status or whatever?
No, my account is still VIP. I think if you bought Lifetime before it went f2p (which, I did and if I remember right you guys had too) you are still VIP for life.

Quote:
Glad to hear your house wasn't lost, though...I was wondering about that... I haven't logged on in almost a year so almost afraid to do it.
I have to admit that not wanting to deal with trying to get my house back was a big deterrant to coming back to the couple of times I thought about it before I actually did it. However, all I had to do was go to the housing screen and pay the upkeep and I had it back.

I hope you guys decide to come back, at least for a bit. It would be nice to see you.