Thread: Evil things
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #61
Nimikôi Angarauko
Pile O'Bones

Nimikôi Angarauko has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nimikôi Angarauko
The Eye When choosing between two evils, choose the lesser of the two

There are quite a few reasons why they didnt purge themselves of evil and indeed they do have free will. They are uneducated, being a thrall to Morgorth is all they have ever known they never knew what freedom was, and who would tell them it is hard to imagine a camp of orcs attentively listening to an elf standing on a soapbox talking about the glories of freedom and voting (hint hint: fan art). Orcs had also been told about the "cruelty" of Elves and, in an orcs mind what would be the more sensible thing to do fight and maybe win or give up and be tortured by Elves, considering they have been tortured and lied to all their existence by Morgoth. If they were to turn and fight for Elvendom and they lost you think Morgoth would have said "alright lads, you made a mistake but you seem okay now." , No, they would have been battered, beaten, bruised, and bashed mentally and pyschally, so the choice of an Orc is be tortured by Morgorth or fight for him gain, victory and spoils, kind of makes sense which road they choose. They have choice they just don't have the knowledge to make proper judgement.

P.S. My sincere apologies for any grammatical or spelling mistakes in my posts when you see any please tell me.

Last edited by Nimikôi Angarauko; 03-24-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Nimikôi Angarauko is offline   Reply With Quote