View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #306
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Lovely, now the Ranger.

At least there's one dead wolf to follow, sometimes once we get that first one, the rest start falling. And Nog certainly leaves a lot of stuff to wade through. I only wish you didn't feel like you had to reveal yesterday. I mean, I understand why you did, but I was hoping if people could just stop and see Nog was acting completely irrational/paranoid whenever someone started suspecting him, that he was being far from the thoughtful, considerate Nog. But that post crossed with your reveal, and I threw my hands up, because my immediate reaction was...Seriously Eonwe? all that time I just spent on Nog...wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
This didn't get too serious because after that Shasta left - however, there it is, trying to lure us at least a bit into the idea.
I'm rather suspicious of Shasta, but not for tossing out the double-lynch idea. Not all double-lynches are bad (my very first game the village won because of an orchestrated multiple like 5-person lynch...it was brilliant and just shows the brilliance of innocents when we can band together. But yeah, most double-lynches aren't orchestrated by innocents, rather happen randomly due to cross-voting messes or hijacked by wolves.

It's what Shasta said about my vote:

Quote:
Also, Boro? Your most recent post? Looks exactly like Glirdywolf from the Alice in Wonderland game of Wilwa's - you know, the one where it turned out he really was a wolf who was that eager to bus a packmate. Not really helping your case there, buddy.
First off, I have no idea how I'm supposed to remember what Glirdan did in some other game years ago. Maybe I'm a stickler for this stuff, but that snipe doesn't sit well with me. "Looks exactly like Glirdywolf"...right "exactly" and since Glirdan bused the death of a packmate in some other game, I'm doing exactly the same now?

Look, everyone knows I have no problem getting packmates lynched when I'm a wolf. You don't have to reference another person, in a game years ago, and say "it's exactly the same!" to make this point. That comment just didn't sit well, because it's another over the top reaction..."Look everyone! Look what Boro is doing! It's exactly like another wolf, in this other game!"

Also, I find it rather curious this acolyte-focus similarity from Nog and Shasta yesterday. Nog, to save himself, tried to make us turn against the acolyte. Which, well might have worked since the role is still extremely mysterious. But try following Nog's argument and it made absolutely no sense. If he was an ordo (like he was trying to argue yesterday) there was just no way he could know what side the acolyte is on and what actions/powers the acolyte had.

A wolf wouldn't know either, but the very fact he argued the Acolyte must have been with the wolves, means the wolves have probably entertained the idea of trying to find the acolyte/turn the acolyte to their side. Now that we know Nog is a wolf, it would appear, based on his argument yesterday, the acolyte in fact is not on the wolf team yet. I don't know if the acolyte is on any team, could be on the acolyte team, but for the time being we can't get into these circular debates about what's the acolyte's role and what side he's on. We don't know, but it appears, based on Nog's posting yesterday, the wolves don't know either.

And now, what I find curious, is Shasta tried a more subtle sew distrust about the acolyte yesterday.

Quote:
Seriously? Guys. Look at the Eruhen kill. It's pretty clear at this point that the Acolyte, if not a traditional werebear, at least has the power to kill by himself (I say him because Nog being a wolf doesn't mean his points about Inzil being the Acolyte aren't valid - I've thought so myself since yesterday, as did Rikae apparently).

Nog is a wolf. Fine. Lynch him tomorrow. Lynching one wolf out of four isn't going to have any short-term effects - if we lynch Inzil (who clearly, at this point, doesn't have the best interests of the village in mind), we drop the number of kills per night to one.
(bolding my emphasis)

Based Nog being ousted yesterday he tried the "hit us over the head" approach. "The acolyte is clearly on the wolf team! And I'm innocent, so even though I can't possibly know what the acolyte is doing, he's clearly for the wolves and we're all going to die tomorrow if you lynch me."

Shasta, tries to do the same, only not so "bash you over the head" with it approach. He accepts Nog's a wolf, but doesn't vote based on that, and instead tries to sew seeds of doubt about the acolyte. Again, who can possibly know this?

And I must ask, who would benefit more from trying to make us doubt the allegiance of the acolyte? I'm not saying maybe the acolyte is against us, I'm just saying I don't know. But I accept I don't know and I leave it at that. It would appear Nog (and therefor the wolves) don't know either, but that also means the Acolyte isn't on their side either. So, who then would benefit trying to get us to turn attention and lynch the acolyte? (Yes. That's a rhetorical question)

Edit: crossed since Eonwe's post #300