View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #95
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A few thoughts, hopefully without too many repetitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellurdur View Post
The Queen of Elves is something she had by her own right and passed on to her son.
But once again, it's just a title. What does she have as an individual, being the Queen of Elves? This title does not seem to reflect anything other than her birth.

Imagine Arwen is mysteriously sucked into a chamber-between-worlds. She is no one and has nothing except for what she has inside. She's not the Queen of Elves, the Queen of Gondor, the Evenstar, or anything like that. She is just her, without any titles. What does she have that is greater than what Galadriel has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellurdur
No, because even after his kin are rehoused he remains forever king. It's because he was wise and faithful, that he became king.
Sure. But that's still not the case with Arwen.

Quote:
She arranged it in the sense that she spoke with Gandalf and Galadiel and had them put a special plea on her behalf. Only the Powers in the West could grant it, but she organised for it to happen.
Fair enough. But in my opinion she did not have more arranging than anyone else. She might have been the one to put the idea into words, but she did not have the authority to do anything except for ask of it on Frodo's behalf.

Quote:
Gandalf did not pick the Hobbits to do the mission. If anyone picked the Hobbits it would Eru. Aragorn was the strongest of the fellowship, but he seemed the least tempted by the ring. Even Gimli and Legolas seem to want to take the ring to Minas Tirith.
I say he was the most tempted, but also the strongest in will. Way stronger than the Ring, at least while he did not wear it himself.